115 calories | 18 g carbs | 2 g fat | 18 g protein
- 1 package (~1.25 pounds) 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 cup onions, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup barbecue
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a regular (12-cup) muffin pan with cooking spray. Since this recipe makes 9 meatloaf muffins, you’ll only fill 9, not 12. Set aside.
- To make bread crumbs: Toast 1 slice whole-wheat or multigrain bread. Place in a blender and pulse until made into crumbs.
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, bread crumbs, onions, egg, Worcestershire sauce, ½ cup barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper. Using your hands or a large spoon, thoroughly mix together until well blended.
- Add meatloaf mixture to the 9 muffin cups, flattening out the tops. Top each meatloaf muffin with ¾ tablespoon barbecue sauce and spread evenly over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen it from the pan. Remove to a serving plate.