- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium raw shrimp
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 head of torn romaine lettuce or mixed salad greens
- Optional: Avocado slices and tomato wedges
- Peel and devein the shrimp; rinse well.
- Bring 3 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the shrimp are opaque and pink. Make sure not to overcook.
- Drain immediately and transfer to a bowl. Cool completely, dry with a paper towel, and chop coarsely.
- Mix the chopped shrimp with the celery, bell pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust the mayonnaise and seasonings, as desired.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce or mixed greens and a slice of avocado or tomato wedges, if desired.
- Serving: 4
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 35g