These quick and easy cheesy biscuit muffins with ground turkey and a tangy sugar-free bbq sauce make a delicious low carb meal everyone will enjoy.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Author: Kasey Trenum edited for lower fat content
For the Filling:
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup homemade Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup low fat Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
For the Muffin Cups:
- 4½ tablespoons of butter melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/3 cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown 1 lb of ground turkey and drain.
- Add ground turkey and 1 cup of sugar-free bbq sauce to skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin pan. (I used parchment paper squares in the muffin tins to prevent sticking.) If you don’t use parchment paper squares make sure to grease the muffin tins generously as coconut flour tends to be sticky.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and low fat sour cream then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt to the mixture.
- Stir in low fat shredded cheese.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Then, spray fingers with cooking spray. Pat the batter around the sides of muffin tins to form a cup.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the BBQ meat mixture in the center of each muffin.
- Sprinkle the grated low fat cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
HOW TO STORE THESE MADE FROM SCRATCH BBQ CUPS
Store these cups in the fridge once baked. They should be good for 2-3 days after making them as long as you keep them in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for later by putting them in a freezer-safe container for later as well.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THESE FARMHOUSE BBQ MUFFIN CUPS
Any type of side dish would go well with these simple hamburger muffins, but here are some of my favorite side dish choices.
- Southern Green Beans
- Fresh Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Asparagus
- Leafy Garden Salad
- Roasted Broccoli
- Sauteed Zucchini & Squash
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Fiber: 1g