Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 40 minutes; Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup low-fat marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 oz. (about 12 slices) turkey pepperoni, roughly chopped
- Optional topping: sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ X 8″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring an extra-large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese with 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. onion powder. Stir until smooth and uniform.
- Remove skillet from heat; clean, if needed. Re-spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and bell pepper, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. onion powder. Cook and stir until slightly softened and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer skillet contents to the bowl with the cream cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Chop chicken, and evenly place in the baking pan.
- Evenly top chicken with creamy veggies, marinara sauce, mozzarella, and chopped pepperoni.
- Bake until entire dish is hot and bubbly and mozzarella has melted, 20 – 25 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 294; Carbohydrates 9.5 grams; Fat 12.5 grams; Protein 35 grams