- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup white quinoa
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto
- Thinly sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Combine Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, oil and the Italian seasoning mixture together in a large bowl until evenly coated. Arrange chicken and vegetables in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast until the zucchini is tender, the tomatoes start to burst, and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165°F, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate and shred, using 2 forks.
- Meanwhile, combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer until the liquid is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa and the roasted vegetables (with any juices from the baking sheet) to a large bowl. Add pesto; gently fold together until well combined. Divide the mixture among 6 bowls. Top evenly with the shredded chicken; garnish with basil, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe 6
Total Carbohydrate 15g Dietary Fiber 3g Total Sugars 4g Protein 23g Total Fat 21g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 104mg Vitamin A 998IU Sodium 783mg