Mason Jar Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 0 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice (or use fresh lemon juice)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (8.8oz)
- 1 (5-oz) pkg chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup freshly shredded low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Toss together avocado and lime juice.
- Pour Chipotle Ranch Dressing** into 4 wide-mouthed quart-size Mason jars.
- Layer with bell pepper, onion, avocado, chicken and lettuce. Top each with a lid; seal jars. Chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, shake jars well. Eat right from the jars, or pour salads into a salad bowl.
**Chipotle ranch dressing
- ½ cup refrigerated yogurt Ranch dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- Combine dressing and pepper, and chill.