This Low Carb Jerk Chicken Bowl is the perfect meal prep lunch. Its satisfying and yummy!
- Jerk Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoon all spice
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For Jerk Chicken Bowls
- 1lb chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon and 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 5 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 avocado, cut into fourths
- 1/4 cup black beans (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Combine seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Rub seasonings and 1 tablespoon of olive oil all over chicken until evenly distributed. You likely will not use all of the seasonings. Place on baking dish and place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- While chicken is cooking heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add cauliflower rice and saute for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Next add bell peppers and onions to frying pan and saute until tender crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once chicken is done, remove from oven. Slice chicken.
- If eating immediately, layer chicken on top of cauliflower rice and top with bell peppers, onions, pineapple, avocado and black beans if you are using.
- If meal prepping add each item to the meal prep container. Will make about 4-5 containers depending on large your portion sizes are.