French Wild Rice Vegetable Soup
This hearty soup is the perfect accompaniment for a sandwich or salad any time of the year. Packed with fiber and nutrients, it can power up your day.
Recipe developed by Sharon Palmer, RD
Servings: 6 each (1 cup each)
- 5 cups water
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cube vegetable bullion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 tsp Herbes de Provence (seasoning blend)
- Dash black pepper
Slow Cooker Variation
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
Quick Stove Top Variation
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover with a tight lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour, until wild rice and vegetables are tender.
***May need to add additional water to replace water lost in evaporation. Should make a thick, hearty soup.