- 1 lb. chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. your favorite jarred black bean salsa
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle powder (optional, skip if you don’t like spicy)
- 2 tsp. McCormick Mexican Spice blend (or your favorite Mexican spice blend)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 8 oz. queso blanco sliced (or you can also use cojita)
- 4 c. water
- 2 c. frozen corn
- 10 oz. black beans (optional)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes
- 4.5 oz. mild green chiles
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- lime and additional cilantro and cojita cheese for garnish (optional)
- Rinse chicken tenderloins and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides before placing in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Pour the jar of salsa on top of the chicken, add spices, then set the crockpot to cook on low for four hours.
- Remove the chicken (which should be done through) and shred it. Return it to the crockpot and add the water, corn, additional beans, tomatoes, chiles and cilantro. Allow the mixture to cook an additional two hours.
- Serve hot with additional cilantro and cheese if desired, and squirt of fresh lime juice.