1/6th of recipe (1 egg roll): 141 calories, 4g total fat (2g sat. fat), 435mg sodium, 15g carbs, 1g fiber, 1g sugars, 12g protein
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- 8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tbsp. finely crumbled blue cheese
- 6 large square egg roll wrappers (stocked with the refrigerated Asian items in the supermarket)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil on a baking sheet, and spray with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken on the center of the foil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with another large piece of foil. Fold together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces, forming a well-sealed packet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix cream cheese with hot sauce until mostly smooth and uniform.
- Remove sheet from oven, but leave oven on.
- Cut packet to release hot steam before opening entirely. Transfer chicken to a medium-large bowl. Shred using two forks.
- Add cream cheese mixture, carrots, celery, scallions, and blue cheese. Mix well.
- Lay an egg roll wrapper flat on a dry surface. Evenly distribute about 1/6th of the chicken mixture (about 1/3 cup) in a row a little below the center. Moisten all four edges by dabbing your fingers in water and going over the edges smoothly. Fold the sides about 3/4 inch toward the middle, to keep filling from falling out. Roll up the wrapper around the mixture and continue to the top. Seal with a dab of water.
- Place egg roll on the baking sheet, and repeat to make 5 more egg rolls.
- Spray with nonstick spray. Bake until golden brown, 23 – 25 minutes.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Time-Saving Tip: Start with 6 oz. precooked skinless chicken breast (shredded or finely chopped) to shave 25 minutes off your cook time!