Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ pound sliced mushroom
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¾ cup spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice form the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving ¼ inch shells. Set pulp aside.
- Place shells in an ungreased 3-qt microwave safe dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 mins or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey and onion over medium heat until no pink color remains; drain and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together zucchini pulp, beaten egg, spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs, mushrooms, tomato, salt, pepper, 2oz cheese and cooked ground turkey.
- Spoon about ¼ cup mixture into each shell
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of boats
- Bake uncovered for 20mins at 3500F or until brown