¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon golden balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 boneless chicken breasts
6 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
6-8 large strawberries, hulled and quartered
1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
3-4 thinly sliced rings of red onion
¼ cup feta cheese
2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Whisk the olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, sugar, tarragon, kosher salt and ground black pepper in a small bowl until blended.
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow bowl and cover with half of the dressing. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Spray a grill or 12-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high. Place the chicken breasts on the hot grill pan. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and cook other side for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the cooking temperature to medium low and cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes more, turning every 5 minutes or so. (Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken. Internal temperature should be 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and then slice into ¼ inch slices.
- Arrange the spinach, strawberries and red onion in a bowl. Lightly toss with remaining dressing.
- Add the avocado and sliced chicken. Top with feta and almond slices. Serve immediately.
Recipe from www.foodiecrush.com