2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2¾ oz turkey pepperoni (about 40 slices), sliced in half
¼ cup black olives, sliced
¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¾ cup shredded, low moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cut pepperoni slices in half. Add pepperoni and olives to cooker.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
4. Pour mixture in cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
6. Five minutes before you serve, sprinkle cheese on top of chicken. Cover with lid and allow cheese to melt.
7. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, pepperoni and olives to plates. Discard cooking liquid.
Yields: 8 servings| Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with topping
Calories: 211| Total Fat: 9 g | Carbohydrates: 1 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g |Protein: 31 g | Sodium: 453 mg