This hearty soup is the perfect accompaniment for a sandwich or salad any time of the year. Packed with fiber and nutrients, it can power up your day.
Recipe developed by Sharon Palmer, RD
Makes 6 servings (1 cup each)
5 cups water
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 cube vegetable bullion
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup uncooked wild rice
1 medium carrot, sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 cup sliced leeks
1 tsp Herbes de Provence (seasoning blend)
Dash black pepper
Slow Cooking Instructions
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on LOW for 6 hours.
Quick Stove Top Variation Instructions
- Place all ingredients in a large pot.
- Cover with a tight lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 1 hour, until wild rice and vegetables are tender.
***May need to add additional water to replace water lost in evaporation. Should make a thick, hearty soup.