- 5 cups chopped peeled Braeburn apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 475°.
Combine first 5 ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Spread apple mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the apple mixture. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and apple is tender. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
Partially mash apple mixture with a potato masher, and serve with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.