It is the holidays again, and bariatric patients can find it difficult to manage weight loss goals. It is important to be cautious of your food choices and balance indulgence with moderation.
Using these holiday eating tips bariatric patients can enjoy their holidays and maintain weight loss goals.
HEALTHY EATING TIPS FOR BARIATRIC PATIENTS
With these tips, you can any of your favorite dishes alongside bariatric friendly delicacy without adding weight.
1. Avoid going to parties hungry: When you are hungry, you are tempted to fill the space in your tummy. This urge encourages overeating, and this is not good for you. Hence, it is wise to digest a full breakfast and meal before the party.
2. Be mindful of your food portion: You can try your favorite meal, but this should be done in a small portion.
3. The goal of maintaining your weight: During the holidays you should be mindful of what you eat to ensure your weight remain balance. The wrong thing to practice during the holidays is to reduce weight.
4. You should eat slowly: When your dish is before you, ensure it is consumed in about 20 minutes. This attitude will help you reduce the amount of food you consume.
5. Replace your alcohol with water. Yup, alcohol dehydrates the body and adds more calories. Dehydration is not good for you; hence, you should take in water as an alternative.
6. You should avoid subconscious eating: You should overcome the urge to eat because there is food around. Succumbing to the urge of eating whenever there is food will only increase your weight. Hence, you should avoid areas where foods are stored, and eat only when you are hungry.
7. Exercise is good for you: You should try walking or jogging for about 10-15 minutes. Working out will help you prevent adding weight and relieving stress.
8. Prepare healthy dishes: You can try that healthy dish that is bariatric friendly during holidays. It will help you remain healthy and reduce weight gain.
If you are cooking for the Holidays you have even more control and can provide Bariatric friendly selections. Here are some great Holiday recipes.
White Cheddar Cheesy Mashed CauliflowerNik’s Eggplant Parmesan CasseroleDee Dee’s Cheesy Squash & TVP CasseroleLeftovers Week: Sweet Potato Frittata
#PWMF Recipe Contest Dessert Winner: Sue’s Pumpkin CheesecakeCrustless Pumpkin Cheesecake (with Sugar-free Salted Caramel Pecan Topping)Thanksgiving Prep: How Bariatric Post-Ops (Should) Do PieMargaret’s Lower Sugar Zucchini Bread (featuring Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb)