Every year, millions of people determine to make changes, and New Year’s resolutions are our attempts at jumpstarting these changes. According to Statistic Brain (http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/), the top 10 resolutions for 2014 include:
1. Lose Weight
2. Getting Organized
3. Spend Less, Save More
4. Enjoy Life to the Fullest
5. Staying Fit and Healthy
6. Learn Something Exciting
7. Quit Smoking
8. Help Others in Their Dreams
9. Fall in Love
10. Spend More Time with Family
Did you make any of these resolutions? If so, your chances of being successful increase if you get specific and include attainable goals.
Let’s think about the first resolution, losing weight. If you’ve never been successful before, a gastric sleeve Dallas consultation and daily, weekly and monthly goals can help you make progress. For example:
1. Work out for 30 minutes each day. You could walk, swim or lifting household items like a five-pound bag of flour or a gallon of milk. Each day you successfully work out, mark it off on your to-do list and feel a sense of accomplishment.
2. Eat enough protein. The amount of protein you need each day depends on where you are in the weight loss process. However, you’ll stay motivated to meet this goal when you check it off your daily to-do list.
3. Drink plenty of water. As with your protein intake, your water needs depend on your individual weight loss journey. Remember to check off each day you drink enough.
4. Eat healthy. Calculate your nutritional needs for each day and each week. Additionally, create the goal to try one fun new meal each week since eating healthy doesn’t have to be bland and dull. My Bariatric Solutions is also going live with a new app in less than a month that will allow you to calculate your nutrition easily.
5. Get support. Join a support group or community. My Bariatric Solutions has a phenomenal Social Community (www.facebook.com/mybariatricsolutions) that includes patients who are new to weight loss, patients who have successfully completed lap band Dallas surgery and patients who are at their target weight. Everyone provides wonderful support for you. We also have online support groups each month from the comfort of your home as well as top trained staff, many of whom have had weight loss surgery Dallas and want to help you with anything you need.
This year, make your New Year’s resolutions a success when you break them down into manageable and attainable goals that may include bariatric surgery Dallas.