About Arsalla Islam, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Dr. Arsalla Islam is a board certified surgeon and brings more than nine years of surgical experience with her from two nationally recognized academic programs: Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center where she served as the Bariatric Medical Director. Throughout her career, she has authored 8 book chapters and 23 peer review articles.Dr. Arsalla’s wide range of multi-faceted expertise includes surgical treatment for conditions, such as morbid obesity. She offers LAP-BAND®, Gastric Sleeve, and Gastric Bypass. Dr. Arsalla and the bariatric support team are highly trained caregivers with impeccable credentials.
“My patients deserve the best treatment possible. As their surgeon, it is important to me that they are comfortable with me as a person and confident in my care. I am committed to offering the most advanced surgical treatment options available today with compassion and understanding.”
Dr. Arsalla lives in Keller, TX with her best friend and husband of 14 years. Together they enjoy traveling, spending time with family, and experiencing the joys of raising their three beautiful daughters.
- General Surgery Residency: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Fellowship: UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Fellowship: Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston-Salem, NC
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Parkland Surgical Society
- Society of Vascular Surgery (SVS)
- Fellow of ASMBS (FASMBS)
To set up an appointment with Dr. Arsalla Islam, please complete our contact form or call the office at (940) 503-1302.